Tuesday 6 September 2016

In gratitude

The 28th of September 1982. What a special day that was.

My husband, two children and I became the proud parents and siblings of our youngest child.

On the 6th of September, just 3 weeks prior, was his birthdate!

After soul searching his birth-mum decided she wanted him brought up in a family situation... and we were the chosen ones for the task, the privilege, the honour.

Within 24 hours our family altered in shape and form. How blessed and happy we all were- and to this day are!

Then the reality stepped in. My thoughts went out to the young mum who had made this enormously unselfish decision. Our joy was her sorrow.

Lots and lots has happened over the years. Birth parents have connected with 'our' son and the grandchildren are inundated with many grandparents. We share the love, so to speak.

The 28th of September is also a special date I hold dear. In my heart I thank the young woman who made this possible - her sacrifice which became our joy!

The 6th of September has always been the BIRTHDAY moment supreme and so it will be again.

It is a time of celebration, of joy of remembering.

Happy birthday son. I love you to pieces and always will.



No comments:

Post a Comment