Tuesday 23 June 2015

Do not worry... all will be well! You'll see.




Yes, DO NOT WORRY!

How often have I heard those words?

On many occasions when 'things' happen is this one of the most uttered comments, meant as a comfort for sure, but none the less, easily said.

And I have said it too - countless times, to those who also spoke of 'things' that rocked their world.

Behind every door - no matter how well maintained that door may be, there are WORRY MOMENTS.

Short term worries and long term worries.

Some worries drive people to despair and other worries disappear as fast as they have arrived.

I read a fair few blogs - and in some of those people mention their worries.

In others the writers manage to openly discuss and discern their worries with others.

And in some - I detect that the optimism could be a cover up for their own worries.

Not that I think EVERYONE worries

OR....... is there not a household where there are NO worries?

Job prospects!

Relationship worries!

Financial worries!

Addiction worries!

Health worries!

I believe worrying to be a human condition. I also believe worrying can be identified as 'just being or showing concern(ed)'

I also think that the level of worry depends on the close relationship with those facing the issues listed above.

One worries more about one's closest relation ( spouse, sibling, parent) than that of a neighbour or friend.

As a believer - we are called NOT TO WORRY.

AH, YOU SAY " ONLY BELIEVERS AREN'T MEANT TO WORRY.

NO, we are all called not to worry - only believers have the added responsibility to follow the will of their God and to head his call to : NOT WORRY!

And that is sometimes very hard to do.

It means - letting go and letting GOD!

Not having control, not meddling, not being at the helm, not searching for the 'perfect' solution.

Matthew 6: 25-34 ( NIV) and Luke: 12:22-31

Do Not Worry

6:25–33pp—Lk 12:22–31

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



I know, I know- it all makes sense - is it easy - it should be but right this minute - NO!

Can I let go of this worry that now plagues me? 

I do my utmost - I soldier on and I pray - daily!

The Serenity prayer. 

A prayer of hope- of love and support.


Dear God, I know you love for me and all those in my care and who play a part in my life

I  know that small worries send ripples and larger ones send tidal waves in my life.

You calmed the storm Lord, you made the waves subside.

Level the storm in my heart Oh Lord!

Save me from drowning in my despair.

Be my safety net O Lord - drop me a life jacket of comfort

In you O Lord I put my trust!

Amen










2 comments: