|King Willem Alexander - 48 years young!|
It has been a week of National Festive activities. One to come- our queen's birthday on May 17th. After which I can store my flag till next April ( unless some shattering event, happy or sad, rears it's head).
As always around this time many issues play a large part in headlines and discussions.
- About the monarchy and how it might need changing- Should it stay or go.
- About freedom and whether or not we have learnt from our mistakes -war springs to mind!
- About freedom of speech- being able to say whatever comes to mind- regardless of the hurt we may cause!
- About our country's well being both financial and political - whose 'fault' is it that we are 'poor'..
- About the number of public holidays we get - should we all be free on Christmas, Good Friday, 5th May? To mention a few.
|Lest we Forget - We SHALL remember them!|
As well as a number of other issues I may have unintentionally or been unaware of omitted to mention.
Looking at these statements all I can say is - we are a moaning people. How I would like to turn all these things around and say:
- Three cheers for our monarchy - They serve us well. Thank you.
- We remember those who died bringing peace to our country - let's honour them by caring for each other and appreciating that we have a country not at war.
- Our constitution states we are a free people, can think, act and be ourselves. That doesn't mean be rude or disrespectful - but be mindful that others don't think the same thoughts or hold the same ideals. They too have that same right! Choose your words wisely.
- About being appreciative for what we have - and if we are not happy with how things are - GO VOTE - and have your say. Help make the changes - don't just moan about them. We have that possibility in total freedom and safety.
- The days that are 'holy' to some are not important to others. How hard is it to say which days SHOULD be free. We are gunning for a 24/7 working week. Sunday trading becoming more the norm. Sunday off unified the nation - in general terms that is. No day is really 'FREE' for all anymore.
|70 years of freedom|
Today - 70 years ago, the Netherlands was 'freed' from their enemy.
How far have we travelled? Who or what is our enemy now?
Are we really FREE?
I totally miss the gratitude, the feeling of being fortunate- of being blessed to live the lives we are able to live in this country. All around me people moan and dispair about their situation. We sympathise with those less fortunate - still not fully realising our privileged lives. Our freedom, our wealth.
Religion has always been a point of discussion, diversity and item for debate. I am grateful I am allowed to believe in a God of love and compassion. No, HE isn't going to pull all the string to right the wrongs - that is OUR task. HE will HELP us though. Call on HIM and seek the advice needed to live life the way it was intended.
Love one and other as I love you!
Seek and you shall find!
Knock and doors will be opened unto you!
I will be with you always!
If we were to head the call and be loving to ALL and not just our personally selected few - what a freedom we would all experience.
Let's FREE the world people - Let's share the LOVE