Tuesday 31 December 2013

Thank you 2013 - for all the experiences I have had this past year

It is nearly 2014. In less than 24 hours we will turn the page on our calendars.

What a date - 2014. 

How different the world now looks, 100 years on 1914. A time of war and poverty, hunger and unrest. I am convinced people wished each other Happy New year on the 31-12-1913. It took 4 years for that to happen.

Now here we are again- on the brink of another year, another chapter in our lives. And once again millions will be wishing each other a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Joyful New Year.

My wish for your 2014 year is for,

Happy -  by being thankful for what you have - not what you want. Count your blessings in thanks and gratitude. It makes the world smile at you. So smile back and enjoy.

Healthy - by making the right choices for your physical and emotional well being. Smoking, drinking, eating, exercising- all part of our responsibility- not the National Health Service! We were given a body- so we need to take care of it.

Prosperous - that you are able to take care of the needs of your family and hopefully also share and contribute to those less fortunate. This being in many forms like sharing skills, giving practical help, a listening ear, a supporting shoulder, gifts of love and compassion and where necessary monetary donations. Help others have a prosperous year too.

Joyful - that each day brings challenges and opportunities that give pleasure and satisfaction. Learn from experiences and look before you leap, take advice, weigh up pros' and cons' wisely. Life is a learning process and adventure, a gift to use well.

I am grateful for all that 2013 brought me. Yes, the sad and happy moments alike. Life isn't always a smooth ride, and it needn't be. I am grateful for those around me who walk along side me, for my faith which carries me and lifts me up when I am down, for those who laugh with me when I laugh and share with me when they need to share. With joyful anticipation I look forward to 2014 and all it's challenges and opportunities.

That the lessons I learnt in the past are strongholds and acts as a beacon for my future.

A VERY HAPPY, BLESSED AND JOYOUS 2014 

TO YOU ALL




No comments:

Post a Comment