Saturday 21 July 2012

Noah's Arc

It is Saturday, a quiet and peaceful morning with little or no traffic passing by. Not that we have loads of traffic humming by- but the day to day to-ing and fro-ing has yet to begin.

It is also almost dry. Save a wee shower when I first got up at 6:45. I am hopeful there won't be anymore than that wee shower today! What have we had to contend with the past weeks. Rain, rain rain! Weird too really. Recently the newest attraction opened in Dordrecht - city across the waters.


Noah's Arc Yes, we have an Arc in the harbour. And going by the measurements maybe large enough to fit a small community like ours into. I don't mean to be flippend - honestly. I do admire the man's perserverance, almost audacity you could say, his vision and guts to do what he did. And not on a whim but total conviction that this is what he HAD to do. He prays, asks, listens and does what he thinks he is called to do. I can truly admire that in a person. 

Actually I am envious. And that's not a good thing to be. What I should feel is inspired- more determined and focussed in, on and with the things I am doing. Checking all the time - is this where I should be, is this what I should be doing?

Anyway, my thinking isn't all doom and gloom. On the contrary. Recently I have been more focussed and trying to give shape to the routines and things that occupy me. I have adjusted my antennae and am listening more accurately to the signals I am receiving. 

Life is one, big learning journey. And the scenery is enjoyable. I am going to soldier on and do my darndest to get it as right as I can. 

As Micah said: Live justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with your God! Just LOVE that verse.



No comments:

Post a Comment