Thursday 24 May 2012

A foggy start

I don't know how it is with you, but occasionally when I am confronted with something, a song comes to mind. Like this morning. I opened the curtain of the caravan - it was 6:40am and the first thought I had was Mull of Kintyre. Immediately followed by the title of the movie, Play Misty for me.

Now it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to work out what the weather pattern was for this morning. Awesome. It took about two hours before the faintest rays of sun started peaking through.

This was probably a bit like my day. I am slowly re-organising my mind and getting used to the idea I have to re-group. The fog is slowly lifting and I feel brighter by the minute. There is something out there for me to do and make myself useful while I learn a thing or two doing it.

Not any less impressive is the fact that while here in the caravan on the camping, I am able to communicate freely ( with a few shortcomings we won't mention) with the children and grandchildren. I am so thrilled to have contact with Max every day. He is a delight to "speak" to. Funny, serious, interested. And Archie the monkey. The first thing he said when he saw me was "happy birthday oma." How lovely was that?!

With the added communication of Facebook I have seen Toni put the finishing touches on the family room. Being able to place photos, many have been able to follow my daily doings. Being here, on my own, has also given me the freedom to work on my Website and Blogs. Trying to give them shape and contents that is worthwhile.

A walk to the village for postcards and the tipple to the ablutions block for the occasional mee mee keep me agile!!

The days are full and filled with good things. Another night here alone and Leen will join me again. How the passage of time keeps amazing me.

I have to conclude once again - life is good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment